Oracle Calendar Transition to Exchange @ UCI
Oracle Calendar is being replaced by Exchange@UCI.
On August 6 2012, OIT will transition existing Oracle Calendar users to the new service.
Read More »
- August 12, 2011 – Mac OS X Lion users, please use Oracle Calendar via the web version.
- December 16, 2010
– Mobile synchronization support for smatphones.
- Blackberry – NextHaus SyncJE version 3.2.7 is supported.
- iPhone – Synthesis clients are supported.
- SyncML PRO – Calendar data syncs into Calendar app; also syncs contacts into Address Book; can synchronize in the background; only available for iOS 4.
- Todo+Cal+Sync – Syncs calendar and todo data into the Synthesis app; does not use background processing.
Oracle Calendar is an online calendar service
for faculty and staff at the University of California, Irvine. It is
operated and managed by Network & Academic Computing Services for campus
units. Oracle Calendar provides a common infrastructure for calendar services
available to subscribing departments. Participating users can easily schedule
meetings with one another as well as manage calendars on others' behalf, while
integrating resources such as conference rooms, front desk or lab staffing,
and other elements of the workday schedule.
Oracle Calendar automates calendar
management and meeting scheduling, while helping departments to manage
and share resources like conference rooms and projectors. Oracle Calendar
is well suited to supporting University-wide meeting scheduling. It offers
a robust server architecture and desktop client software for the Windows,
Mac OS, Linux and Solaris platforms, as well as access via the web
and PDA synchronization.
Since the service's launch in November 1999, it has grown into a popular
calendaring solution throughout UC Irvine. For a list of departments
who use Oracle Calendar for their calendaring needs, please see the organizational
Why Use Oracle Calendar?
Oracle Calendar automates calendar management
and meeting scheduling, while helping departments share resources like
conference rooms and projectors.
There are a number of advantages to using the online calendar and
group scheduling software, Oracle Calendar.
- You can access your calendar via a Web browser. Whether
you're at a meeting across campus or at a conference in Europe, you
can access your calendar wherever you can use a web browser.
- You can access your calendar via a Personal
Digital Assistant (PDAs). Many people now use PDAs, such
as Palm Handhelds and Handheld PCs based on the Microsoft
Pocket PC platform.
- You can access other people's calendars and
they can access yours. Many of the campus departments use
the Oracle Calendar service, making it very convenient to schedule
meetings across campus. You can also specify who can access, and
have viewing rights to your calendar in order to check your schedule.
- You can notify meeting attendees via e-mail. You
can send your invited guests, as well as people not using Oracle Calendar,
all the details on that important meeting via e-mail as soon as you
schedule the meeting.
- You can access your calendar at any time of
day or night, except for during service maintenance. Service maintenance
is performed every Friday evening between 9:00 PM and 12:00 AM.
Oracle Calendar Scheduled Downtimes
- Nightly Backup: 4:00-4:15 am
- Weekly Maintenance on Fridays: 9:00 pm - 12:00 am