Email Delivery and Forwarding Email
Summary: A delivery point is where
your "@uci.edu" email is sent. If you want your OIT MailBox email sent to a different address, you can change your delivery point.
Preset Delivery Points
Faculty, Staff and Sponsored UCInetIDs
When you activate your UCInetID, your delivery point is NOT set.
Delivery points are set to OIT MailBox Services.
Where do you want your UCI email delivered?
The choice of where you want your UCI email delivered is yours. You may choose
to have your email delivered to:
- OIT MailBox Services
- Your local department email server
- An off campus email address
Setting Your Delivery Point
Health Affairs Personnel: To help ensure the
security of confidential email traffic, Health Affairs personnel are not permitted
to change their UCI email delivery point to an external address. This function
has been disabled.
Please contact the Help Desk at (714) 456-3333 with any questions.
- Decide where you want your "@UCI.EDU" email delivered.
Employees may want to check with their Computer
- If you are an undergraduate student using UCI Gmail, follow the directions for delivery to your UCI Gmail account.
- If you are using a server other than OIT MailBox Services, find
out the full email address and write it down. For
- Go to PhUpdate at:
- Login with your UCInetID and password. (Figure
Activate your UCInetID if you have not done so.
- Click the radio button next to OIT MailBox Services if you want your email delivered there. (Figure 2)
If you want your email delivered to another server on campus or elsewhere, choose the Other radio button and type in the full address. (Figure 3)
- After entering your new email address, click on the "Submit
Change Request" button when finished. (Figure 4) This will
save your changes.
- You will receive confirmation of the change. If the address
is incorrect, follow the instructions again.
Note: If you want to change your delivery point in the future, follow the steps above and select a different service. If you have changed your delivery point to an off campus address and want it delivered to UCI, simply select OIT MailBox Services to return delivery to campus.