If you're an undergraduate applicant and need help logging in to either MyAdmissions or MyAid, start with the tools above. If you need further assistance, scroll down and review our comprehensive FAQ. The answer you're looking for will be found in the FAQ.
If you're a Graduate applicant, please do not use these tools; instead, please contact the School where you applied (e.g. Arts, Humanities) for assistance.
The most common reason why applicants have trouble activating is because the SSN and/or DOB you're entering doesn't match what's on your UC application. If you mistyped either of these numbers on the application, you must correct it. Please note that it will take up to 3 days before the change is updated in our system.
If you don't have a SSN but you entered some other number in that field, use the last 4 digits of that number to activate your UCInetID.
1. What is a UCInetID?
A UCInetID is your name based user-name at UC Irvine. It consists of a 3-8 letter combination of your first and last name. For example, Peter Anteater’s UCInetID would be panteat. A UCInetID is not a Student ID Number or an Application ID which consists of all numbers. To Login, your UCInetID needs to be activated.
2. How do I activate my UCInetID?
As an applicant, you can activate your UCInetID at the following link: https://activate.uci.edu
3. What information do I need to activate my UCInetID?
- Your Student ID Number from UC Irvine which is 8 digits in length
- Your birth date
- The last four digits of your social security number
4. I don't know my UCI student ID number. How do I find out what it is?
- Go to the MyAdmission page
- The second heading on the page states “Forgot your UCI student ID Number?”
- In order to recover your ID, you will need your Application ID number which was used to apply to every UC and is 7 digits in length.
- Enter your Application ID number in the box and click on “Send ID”.
- A message will be sent to the email account you provided when applying. (This will likely be your personal email account, such as Yahoo or Gmail, that you provided when you applied to UC).
5. I do not know my Application ID. How do I find out what it is?
Your Application ID is a 7-digit number that can be found on the receipt/summary email you received when you submitted your UC application. If you did not save this receipt, you can find your Application ID by signing back in to your UC Application and clicking on the "View Application” link. You will then see your Application ID on the top left of the page.
If you're still having trouble, you can contact the UC Application Processing Service by phone.
- If you are inside the U.S. call (800) 207-1710
- If you are outside the U.S. call (310) 513-2715
6. I forgot my UCInetID. How do I find out what it is?
7. I activated my UCInetID but I forgot my password. What can I do?
- You can reset your UCInetID password at https://activate.uci.edu
- You will need your UCInetID, date of birth, and the last four of your social security number to do so.
- Once your UCInetID is validated you will be prompted with your reset question and answer and the ability to set a new password.
8. I forgot my reset question and answer or it's not taking my answer. What can I do?
- As an applicant your reset answer can be sent to the email address you provided when applying.
- Go to https://activate.uci.edu/forgot_password.php
9. I tried resetting my password but I keep getting the error 'you do not have the proper information to continue.' What can I do?
The error message "you do not have the proper information to continue" means you're trying to reset a password for an account you haven't activated yet. Visit activate.uci.edu and select the "Student Applicants" link on that page to get started.
If you need to update your Social Security Number (SSN), go to the UC Application Service website. UC Irvine Admissions will receive the update and process it in approximately three business days.
Some of our student applicants do not have Social Security Numbers, but they may have put some other number in place of an SSN on the UC Application (they may have entered their passport number or some other string of numbers). Again, double-check to see what you entered on your UC Application: you'll need to enter the last four digits of that number into the UCInetID activation page.
11. My account says it's been locked out for too many attempts.
If you try unsuccessfully to login too many times, our login system will lock you out for 30 minutes. Please try again after 30 minutes. We unfortunately have no means to prematurely lift the lock.
12. As an applicant, do I receive a UCI email account?
13. Where can I login as an applicant?
Undergraduate applicant access to UCI websites is restricted during the admission process. Initially, applicants can only login to just 2 UCI websites:
Applicants are restricted to these two UCI websites until they’ve submitted the SIR (Statement of Intent to Register), which they fill out after they’ve been accepted by the university (the SIR can be accessed through the MyAdmissions portal above). 24 hours after they submit the SIR, they can then login to 2 other sites:
- The My.Housing Gateway (the process is explained on the main UCI Housing website)
- Zotaccount (can be used by applicants to pay housing fees as well; however, the my.housing website above is preferred)
After the 1st week of May, all incoming applicants who have completed their SIR’s will be converted to ‘Student’ status, and at that point they will be able to login to most other UCI websites such as:
14. I am unable to access the MyAdmission page from my high school or office.
The MyAdmission website uses a non-standard web port which can cause issues on certain networks. Please contact your local network support to see if they can enable access or try again from a less restricted network (home).
15. I am a Graduate Applicant. Can I use this site?
The information on this page is geared for Undergraduate Applicants. Graduate Applicants should contact their respective Admissions Office for help with checking their admissions status as some of the tools will not work and are not relevant for Graduate Applicants.
16. I've been accepted by UCI and have completed my SIR, yet I'm having trouble logging in to Zot Account to pay housing fees.
Applicants who have been formally accepted by the university AND have completed their SIR (Statement of Intent to Register) are permitted to login to Zot Account for the purpose of paying housing fees & tuition fees.
Bear in mind that you will NOT be able to login UNTIL the fees have been assessed by the Registrar. If you try to login too soon, you will get a 404 error message ("page cannot be displayed"). This is normal. Please do not try to login until you've received the notification.
If you're trying to pay Housing Fees and are having trouble logging in to Zot Account, you can always pay them via the My Housing Gateway.
I've tried the steps above and I'm still having trouble
If you're still having trouble after using the tools above and carefully reviewing the Applicant FAQ, you may send us an email. When doing so, you must provide the following:
- Your UCInetID and/or your Full Name
- Your 8-digit UCI Student ID Number
- A detailed description of the issue
Failure to provide this information will delay our response.
Return to the OIT Help Center.