Note: If you need help setting up your email on a computer (Mac or Windows), view these instructions instead.
Set up UCI Office 365 on an Apple iOS device
|Follow the instructions below to help you set up your UCI Office 365 email, calendar, contacts and task management account on iOS. Note: If you are a Health Sciences Exchange user, do not use these instructions. Instead, please contact the HS Help Desk at 714-456-3333 for support.
*Note: If you’ve entered the wrong username and/or password in step 7, you will be taken to a manual setup screen instead. We recommend you simply tap Cancel in the upper-left corner and start over at step 1 above.
Note: You may need to wait a few minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive e-mail.
Set up UCI Office 365 on an Android device
Set up UCI Office 365 on a Windows Phone or mobile device
- On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select email + accounts.
- Select add an account > Outlook.
- Enter your Exchange email address (“UCInetID@ad.uci.edu“) and password, and then select Sign in. Windows Phone will try to set up your email account automatically. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 8.
- If you see the message “Check your information and try again. You may have mistyped your password.”, verify that you entered the correct email address and password. At this stage, you don’t need to specify any values for User name and Domain. Select Sign in. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 8.
- If your email account can’t be set up automatically, you’ll see the message, “We couldn’t find your settings”. Select Advanced. You’ll need to enter the following information:
- E-mail address This is your Exchange email address (“UCInetID@ad.uci.edu“)
- Password This is the password for your Exchange account.
- User name This is also your Exchange email address (“UCInetID@ad.uci.edu“)
- Domain Leave this blank.
- Server For UCI Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com for your server name.
- Select the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection box.
- Select Sign in.
- Select OK if Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies or set a password.
Set up UCI Office 365 on a Blackberry 10 device
- Navigate to Settings menu.
- Select Accounts from the list.
- Tap on Add Account on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Advanced on the bottom of the screen.
- Select Exchange ActiveSync option.
- Type in your Exchange email address (“UCInetID@ad.uci.edu“) for the username.
- Use the same information (“UCInetID@ad.uci.edu“) for the email address.
- For the Server Address type in outlook.office365.com.
- Tap on Finish
Outlook for iOS
Set up Microsoft Outlook on an iOS device
- Download Outlook here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-outlook-email-calendar/id951937596?mt=8
- After Outlook has downloaded, press Get Started.
- Depending on your personal preference, press No Thanks or Notify Me.
- Type your full UCI email address (e.g. “firstname.lastname@example.org“) and press Add Account.
- Outlook will redirect you to UCI Office 365 login screen and populate your full UCI email address in the user ID text field. Remove the “@uci.edu” component from the user ID text field, and type in your UCI Exchange password. You will not be able to log in if the full email address is in the user ID text field.
- Press Sign in.
- Press Maybe Later.
- Swipe through the tutorial screens until you see your Inbox.