In addition to computer networking, OIT also provides cable television service for the undergraduate and graduate housing complexes. (We do not provide service for faculty housing. For more information please contact the ICHA office.)
Additional Subscription Services
- Residents are now able to subscribe to additional television programming through Apogee. Please see our Premium Cable Service page for details.
Cable TV Policies
- Cable television piracy is a serious problem which can weaken the signal and increase the need for service calls and other system maintenance. The result can be poor picture quality and increased system costs, which will be passed on to anyone found to be tampering with the service in any way. Any tampering or altering of the cable system to receive unauthorized services is also a federal crime punishable by fines and/or imprisonment. UCI Student Housing and their authorized subcontractors conduct periodic system checks to insure that there is no unauthorized reception of service and will strictly enforce any prevailing penalties.
- Theft of service is a violation of federal and state law and is punishable by fines and/or imprisonment. Additionally, you may be subject to campus and/or student housing related sanctions.
- Student Housing and their contracted provider shall not have any responsibility for the operation, maintenance or repairs of a subscriber’s television set.
- The subscriber shall not connect more than one television to an outlet.
- The subscriber shall not disturb, alter or remove any outlet or other equipment belonging to Student Housing and/or their contracted provider. Only authorized Student Housing personnel and their contracted provider are permitted to perform work on an outlet or other cable network/infrastructure equipment.