OIT provides voicemail for a monthly fee through the campus telephone system. To request voicemail service or change voicemail services, use the Service Request Form (login required).
New Voicemail: Monday, February 22, 2016.
OIT transitioned to the new voicemail system on Monday, February 22, 2016. Please log in to the new voicemail system as soon as possible to set up your new voicemail box.
1. Please read and follow the instructions on Page 3 in the UCI Voicemail User Guide (PDF) to set up your mailbox.
Use 654123 as your temporary security code.
2. Please listen carefully to the prompts. There are significant differences in the menu options and in some of the features. Please refer to the following document for these differences UCI Voicemail System Differences – Old vs. New
3. Additional documentation is also available using the UCI Voicemail Quick Reference Chart (PDF).
Use 654123 as your temporary security code.
New Voicemail User Guides (2016)
OIT implemented a new Voicemail System in February 2016. The following guides are for the new system.
- Voicemail Quick Reference Chart (PDF)
- Voicemail System Differences – Old vs. New (PDF)
- UCI Voicemail User Guide (PDF)
- Voicemail Transition Guide
- Immediate Message Notification Setup (PDF)
If you have any questions, please contact the OIT Help Desk at (949) 824-2222, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous/Legacy Voicemail Information
Previous/legacy voicemail help pages can be found at:
To reach the previous/legacy voicemail system, dial 4-0011 and enter your password from that system. The previous voicemail system will be available until 6/30/2016. After 7/1/2016 it will be decommissioned.
New Voicemail Quick Tips
|Old Voicemail||New Voicemail - Solution|
Menu options have changed
Different wording and selections as well as a different voice. - Please listen to the prompts.
|Passcode = Passcode must be 5 – 10 digits long and CANNOT be or include your 5 digit extension number||Security code =Security code must be 6 – 10 digits long and CANNOT be or include your 5 digit extension number.
When you login to the New Voicemail you do not need to enter # after the voicemail number or security code.
|1. Listening to Messages:|
- Press 2 to delete a message
- Press 3 to save a message
- Press 1 to reply
- Press 5 to copy/forward
|1. Listening to Messages:
The listening options have changed, please listen to the prompts:
- Press 4 to delete a message
- Press 5 to save a message
- Press 8 to reply
- Press 2 to copy/forward
|2. Recording messages:|
- Enter an extension first, then record you message
- Press 0 to hear delivery options
o Press 1 for private/restrict forwarding o Press 4 for Urgent/Normal status
|2. Recording messages:
The recording sequence and options have changed, please listen to the prompts:
- Record your message first, then you enter an extension
- While recording press 0, Press 3 for private/restrict forwarding, Press 2 for Urgent status
|3. Personal Options:|
Options to change your Passcode, change Instruction Length, Set Notification Options and Admin Options.
- Press 1 to change passcode (security code)
4. Name and Greeting:
- Press 1 to change name
- Press 2, 1 to record/change standard greeting
- Press 2, 2 to record/change out of office greeting
|3.&4. Personal Options:
The personal options and messaging options have changed, please listen to the prompts. For example:
- Press 2, 4 to change security code
Name and Greeting:
- Press 1, 5 to change name
- Press 4 or 1, 3, 4 to record/change standard greeting
- Press 6 or 1, 3, 3 to record/change out of office greeting
Personal Groups (Distribution List): The Distribution List feature has to be enabled by OIT and once the list is enabled it can be modified by Pressing 2, 3.
|5. Personal Groups: Groups identified with a number, 2 – 10 digits long. Cannot record a name or title for a Group.||5. Listen to Saved Messages: Option to listen and handle saved messages|
|6. Applications: Option to listen to deleted messages.||6. Listen to Selected Messages: Option to listen and handle selected/ grouped messages during the same login session.|
|7. Set User Status: Option to set your current Status for callers to hear.||7. Listen to deleted Messages: Option to listen and handle deleted messages during the same login session. Once you logout the messages are PERMANENTLY deleted|
1. Immediate Message Notification: press 3, 4
a. Pager = caller ID is programmable per user
b. Phone = caller ID is programmable per user
|1. Immediate Message Notification: press 3,1,1
a) Pager = System programmed, will show 48989
b) Phone = Non valid caller ID is shown This feature has to be enabled by OIT
|2. Personal Assistant: selection 4, 3|
Enter the assistant extension and press #
|2. Personal Assistant:
This feature has to be enabled by OIT