OIT provides voicemail for a monthly fee through the campus telephone system. To request voicemail service or change voicemail services, use the Service Request Form (login required).
New Voicemail User Guides (2016)
OIT implemented a new Voicemail System in February 2016. The following guides are for the new system.
- Voicemail Quick Reference Chart (PDF)
- Voicemail System Differences – Old vs. New (PDF)
- UCI Voicemail User Guide (PDF)
- Voicemail Transition Guide
- Immediate Message Notification Setup (PDF)
If you have any questions, please contact the OIT Help Desk at (949) 824-2222, or send email to email@example.com.
New Voicemail Quick Tips
|Old Voicemail||New Voicemail - Solution|
Menu options have changed
Different wording and selections as well as a different voice. - Please listen to the prompts.
|Passcode = Passcode must be 5 – 10 digits long and CANNOT be or include your 5 digit extension number||Security code =Security code must be 6 – 10 digits long and CANNOT be or include your 5 digit extension number.
When you login to the New Voicemail you do not need to enter # after the voicemail number or security code.
|1. Listening to Messages:|
- Press 2 to delete a message
- Press 3 to save a message
- Press 1 to reply
- Press 5 to copy/forward
|1. Listening to Messages:
The listening options have changed, please listen to the prompts:
- Press 4 to delete a message
- Press 5 to save a message
- Press 8 to reply
- Press 2 to copy/forward
|2. Recording messages:|
- Enter an extension first, then record you message
- Press 0 to hear delivery options
o Press 1 for private/restrict forwarding o Press 4 for Urgent/Normal status
|2. Recording messages:
The recording sequence and options have changed, please listen to the prompts:
- Record your message first, then you enter an extension
- While recording press 0, Press 3 for private/restrict forwarding, Press 2 for Urgent status
|3. Personal Options:|
Options to change your Passcode, change Instruction Length, Set Notification Options and Admin Options.
- Press 1 to change passcode (security code)
4. Name and Greeting:
- Press 1 to change name
- Press 2, 1 to record/change standard greeting
- Press 2, 2 to record/change out of office greeting
|3.&4. Personal Options:
The personal options and messaging options have changed, please listen to the prompts. For example:
- Press 2, 4 to change security code
Name and Greeting:
- Press 1, 5 to change name
- Press 4 or 1, 3, 4 to record/change standard greeting
- Press 6 or 1, 3, 3 to record/change out of office greeting
Personal Groups (Distribution List): The Distribution List feature has to be enabled by OIT and once the list is enabled it can be modified by Pressing 2, 3.
|5. Personal Groups: Groups identified with a number, 2 – 10 digits long. Cannot record a name or title for a Group.||5. Listen to Saved Messages: Option to listen and handle saved messages|
|6. Applications: Option to listen to deleted messages.||6. Listen to Selected Messages: Option to listen and handle selected/ grouped messages during the same login session.|
|7. Set User Status: Option to set your current Status for callers to hear.||7. Listen to deleted Messages: Option to listen and handle deleted messages during the same login session. Once you logout the messages are PERMANENTLY deleted|
1. Immediate Message Notification: press 3, 4
a. Pager = caller ID is programmable per user
b. Phone = caller ID is programmable per user
|1. Immediate Message Notification: press 3,1,1
a) Pager = System programmed, will show 48989
b) Phone = Non valid caller ID is shown This feature has to be enabled by OIT
|2. Personal Assistant: selection 4, 3|
Enter the assistant extension and press #
|2. Personal Assistant:
This feature has to be enabled by OIT