to Peer (P2P) Applications Are Not Allowed Over the Wireless Network
Two ways to Register
1. Express Registration
From any wireless locations on campus, simply open a web browser
and connect to any web page. You will be directed to our registration process.
How to Register
- Go to one of the UCInet Mobile Access locations.
- Make sure your wireless card is active and connect to UCInet
- Open your Web browser and try to connect to any
- You will be directed to our Express Registration web
- UCI Affiliates, click on the Login and
register with your UCInetID link.
- Login with your UCInetID and Password.
- Visitors, click the Register as a Visitor
of UCI link.
- Read the Visitor agreement and fill
in the Web form with your name, email address and
reason for visiting the campus.
- Click the Submit button.
- Your computer's hardware (MAC) address will be automatically detected
and registered for access to our mobile network.
- After 1 minute you should be redirected to the Web page you were
trying to access.
If you cannot connect, try again in a few minutes. Your computer may
take a few minutes to update its network settings.
If you still can not connect, try rebooting your computer.
Visitor Access Restrictions
We offer limited access to visitors to the UCI campus. The following
restrictions apply to visitors using UCInet Mobile Access
- Visitor access to the UCI network is granted for a 24 hour
- Visitors may register no more than 7 times in a 30 day period.
- Visitor access is restricted to web traffic (HTTP and HTTPS), email
(IMAP and authenticated SMTP) and SSH.
If you need longer access than what is provided by Visitor
Registration, a UCI faculty, staff or graduate student may
register you as a Sponsored Guest for up to 4 weeks
using Manual Registration (see below).
2. Manual Registration
Register your hardware (MAC) address from any computer already connected to the Internet. The sponsored guest feature remains available for faculty, staff and graduate students to register guests who may be on campus longer than the seven days provided by Visitor Express Registration.
Register or De-Register your MAC address (UCInetID Login Required)
If you are having problems registering your MAC address, please contact the
OIT Help Desk at (949) 824-2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Locations where MAC registration is required.