The OIT Help Desk is ready to assist you with your information technology needs.
OIT walk-in support is available in 115 Aldrich Hall Mon-Fri, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Help Desk staff are also located in the Administrative Module B, Building 423 towards the back area of parking lot 16. If you need to meet with one of us there, please call first to arrange an appointment.
- Business Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (949) 824-2222
- Note: After hours assistance is available on a reduced basis 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone: (949) 824-2222.
Call the help desk when your issue is urgent, to report services that are down, or to get help diagnosing your problem.
When you call the OIT Help Desk, you can expedite resolution for your particular issue by selecting from one of these options:
- Choose 1 for Faculty or Staff
- Choose 2 for Students, Parents, all others
- Choose 3 to leave voicemail. You may also call x4-2287 directly to leave voicemail. We do not recommend voicemail for urgent problems.
What to expect
Send email (email@example.com) to the help desk when the issues is complex and easier to describe in writing, when you have error messages, email, or screenshots which will clarify your problem, or when an issue arises after hours which can be dealt with on the next business day.
Email requests will be addressed in the order received. For urgent and/or important issues and after hours, clients are urged to call the OIT Help Desk.
Service Desk Portal
You may also open a Ticket using our OIT Service Desk Portal.
- Login to the OIT Service Desk Portal using your UCInetID and password.
- Click “Report Something Broken” or “Ask a Question” under Get Help.
- Fill out the form and click Submit.
- A service incident will be created and someone will assist you. You will receive a confirmation email and be able to follow the progress via email or through the portal.
Visit the help desk when helping you requires photo ID (password resets), when bringing in equipment will help diagnose your problem (wireless connectivity), or when you need in-person assistance with on-line tools.
Walk-in support is located in 115 Aldrich Hall (Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm)
Our goal is to provide service in a professional and timely manner. If you are not satisfied with the service you are receiving, you may escalate your request in several ways. During business hours, you may call a member of the Help Desk Management Team below, or ask the representative helping you to transfer you. After hours, you may send an email to one of the Help Desk Management Team members for attention the following business day. If your after-hours issue is urgent, call (949) 824-2222 and ask the representative to call the appropriate escalation contact.
Carol Jackson, Help Desk Manager
Cheryl Watt, Director of Client Services