Virtual Computer Lab (VCL) allows all UCI undergraduate students to access university-licensed computer applications via the Internet. VCL allows you to work from home or any location with a high-speed Internet connection. Using their campus login and password, students are now able to log in to http://vcl.oit.uci.edu to gain access to a range of software that is normally only available for use in our public access computer labs located on campus. VCL is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is available free of charge.
This is a joint collaboration with UC Irvine and Cal State Fullerton.
***** Down Time Scheduled: VCL will under maintenance from Saturday Feb 13, 2:00PM to Sunday Feb 14, 6:00AM. *****
What do I need?
- A valid UCINetID.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop. For PC users, Remote Desktop already comes pre-loaded.
- For Mac users, download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop for here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id715768417?mt=12
Download Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac before starting VCL and creating a reservation.
Getting Started video for Macs below:
Getting Started Video
How do I make a reservation?
- Go to http://vcl.oit.uci.edu
- Click ‘Proceed to Login’ and login with your UCNetID credentials.
- Click ‘New Reservation.’
- Select the environment you would like and click ‘Create Reservation.’
- When your reservation is ready, click ‘Connect.’
- Download the RDP file by clicking the ‘Get RDP file’ button. Take note of the password and copy it.
- Click OK to download the file and open it. Click ‘Connect’ to start the connection. Insert the given password. Select ‘Yes’ when prompted about the trusting the remote certificate.
- You are now connected.
- Arc GIS
- Cran R with Rcmdr and RStudio
- The Remote Desktop window is too small or big. How can I adjust this? Click on ‘User Preferences’ then RDP file Preferences. Under resolution, select a higher or lower resolution based on how large you want your window. Then go back and download a new RDP file to open Remote Desktop the correct resolution.
- Can I print? You may be able to print to your local computer with the RPD connection depending on the type of printer you have connected. Otherwise, a suggested workaround is to print to PDF and copy the PDF to your local environment and print like normal.
- Where can I save my files? You can save your files to your local computer by clicking on My Computer on the remote desktop and saving it to either the local disk or USB flash drive connected to your local disk.
- Are my files saved when my reservation is over? No. You will given a warning 10 prior to your reservation ending. Save you work immediately. You will not be able to recover your work once your time is up.
- I closed the reservation page and lost the login password. Where can I get it? Simply log back in at http://vcl.oit.uci.edu, click on current reservations and your reservation information will be available.
- How do I connect my Mac drives to the reservation? Follow this link for special instructions on how to connect your Mac folders.