1. What is a UCInetID?
A UCInetID is your name based user-name at UC Irvine. It consists of a 3-8 letter combination of your first and last name. For example, Peter Anteater's UCInetID would be panteat.
A UCInetID is not a Student ID Number or an Application ID which consists of all numbers.
To Login, your UCInetID needs to be activated.
2. How do I activate my UCInetID?
As an applicant, you can activate your UCInetID at the following link: https://ucinetid2.nacs.uci.edu/cgi/applicant .
3. What information do I need to activate my UCInetID?
- Your Student ID Number from UC Irvine which is 8 digits in length
- Your birth date
- The last four digits of your social security number
4. I forgot or do not have my UCI Student ID Number. How do I find out what it is?
- Go to the MyAdmissions page
- The second heading on the page states "Forgot your UCI student ID Number?"
- In order to recover your ID, you will need your Application ID number which was used to apply to every UC and is 7 digits in length.
- Enter your Application ID number in the box and click on "Send ID".
- A message will be sent to the email account you provided when applying. (This will likely be your personal email account, such as Yahoo or Gmail, that you provided when you applied to UC).
5. I do not know my Application ID. How do I find out what it is?
You will need to contact the UC Application Processing Service by phone.
- If you are inside the U.S. call (800) 207-1710
- If you are outside the U.S. call (661) 336-5723
6. I forgot my UCInetID. How do I find out what it is?
- Go to the MyAdmissions page
- The first heading should read "Forgot your UCInetID?"
- Click on this link located in the heading, https://ucinetid2.nacs.uci.edu:9998/forgot_ucinetid.php
- Enter your outside email address and click on "Send me my UCInetID".
7. I activated my UCInetID but I forgot my password. What can I do?
- You can reset your UCInetID password at https://ucinetid2.nacs.uci.edu/cgi/pwchange2long.cgi .
- You will need your UCInetID, date of birth, and the last four of your social security number to do so.
- Once your UCInetID is validated you will be prompted with your reset question and answer and the ability to set a new password.
8. I forgot my reset question and answer or it's not taking my answer. What can I do?
- As an applicant your reset answer can be sent to the email address you provided when applying.
- Go to https://ucinetid2.nacs.uci.edu:9998/forgot_password.php
9. I tried resetting my password here but get an "insufficient information" error. What can I do?
The insufficient information error means your account has never been activated. Please activate your UCInetID at https://ucinetid2.nacs.uci.edu/cgi/applicant .
10. Activation cannot verify my birth date or social security number. Whom can I contact?
Contact the Office of Admissions to verify and update your information at (949) 824-6703 .
11. My account says it's been locked out for too many attempts?
If you try unsuccessfully to login too many times, our login system will lock you out for 30 minutes. Please try again after 30 minutes. We unfortunately have no means to prematurely lift the lock.